Years of financial industry experience: 19
Education: University of Regensburg (Germany), Diplom-Kaufmann; Murray State University (US), MBA
- Markus heads the Private Equity team of Multi-Managers Real Estate & Private Markets
(REPM-MM), a business which forms a part of Real Estate & Private Markets (REPM) within
UBS Asset Management.
- The role includes investment selection and portfolio management of several diversified
international private equity mandates as well as UBS’ Private Equity fund-of-funds business.
- Markus is a voting member of the Multi-Managers Private Equity and Infrastructure
- Markus joined UBS in 2005 in his current position.
Prior to joining UBS, Markus worked at Bain & Company in Munich for six years, where he
conducted a full range of projects mainly in private equity, banking, and the industrial area.
- Project types included commercial due diligence projects for private equity funds, corporate
strategy design, company restructuring, and operational improvement.